We all have a reason to drink wine!

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Amazing Tasting!


                   
Hi Everybody! Did you go to Paris to visit the "Grand Tasting" this weekend? It was an Amazing!! Event with more than 2000 wines from 340 domains at the Carrousel du Louvre. If you have missed this opportunity, don't worry! I'll update you with the latest news about "Grand Tasting" by sharing my experience with you.
The night at Louvres
Firstly, my tour began in the world of champagne, the sparkling wines with nice designs and bubbles! I would like to introduce my favourite, " Perrier Jouet"--a Champagne with a floral taste. I've tried several: Perrier-Jouet Grand Brut, blanc; Perrier-Jouet Blason Rose; Perrier-Jouet Belle Epoque, blanc 2004. I prefer the Rose because of its fresh taste with the bubble mousse, which is quite different from the white Champagne.

Perrier-Jouet
Then, with the "Ecole de Terroir", I was introduced to 23 Climates of Beaunes 1er Cru, Bourgogne by tasting the cold vintage 2008. The most interesting one is Beaune Greves Vigne de L'enfant Jesus 2009 whose has the potential to be kept for a long time.




Thirdly, the Alsace wine with a nice shape! Riesling, Gewurstraminer, Sylnar! From a personal view, Alsace wines are my favorite. They are fresh, fruity, sweety and feminine. 
Finally, for the alcoholic fan, the Cognac! In the area of Cognac, I had the honor to talk with the owner from whom I learnt the process of maturation of this "Eau de Vie".With a high percent of alcohol in it, we drink it with ice or in cocktail. Here it is, the Cocktail!


No comments:

Post a Comment